Fanport offers you the following payment methods:
Payment via credit card
Fanport accepts credit card and chipped debit/cheque card payment via Visa and MasterCard only. We make use of the 3D-Secure authentication system to verify cardholder details with your bank; this links you directly to your bank via a secure link. The transaction then takes place within your bank’s secure environment and we won’t have access to any of your card details. You can rest assured that your card details will by no means be available to, or accessible by, us or any third parties. When you return a purchase, the specified amount will be credited back to your bank account after it has been approved. .
EFT (electronic funds transfer)
This payment method requires the customer to transfer money directly from his/her account into Fanport’s account, through computer-based systems.
If you select instant EFT, you will be redirected to our secure payment gateway and asked to select your bank. The details for the EFT payment will then be displayed, along with instructions regarding references etc.
All bank deposit EFT’s require proof of payment to be sent to [email protected] before your order will be processed. If payment does not reflect for an EFT transaction we may request proof of payment to be sent before your order is processed.
Why should I use the EFT option? EFT is convenient in that it is not time consuming and it’s easy to use. Fanport also creates a safe and trustworthy banking environment for the benefit of the customers and the company
Take note that only South African EFT payments will be accepted and no international bank electronic transfers are accepted.
What is Payfast?
PayFast enables South African businesses of all sizes to accept payments online. We enable easy, secure and instant transfer of money from online buyers to sellers.
- PayFast offers Individual, Business or Cause accounts for any type of South African business or NPO no matter the size
- Merchants can accept funds from local and international customers from anywhere in the world in ZAR
- A variety of payment methods to suit all your customers: Instant EFT, credit cards, Masterpass, mobicred, debit cards and Bitcoin
- PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider – the highest security level possible
Mobicred offers you the option to purchase products on credit. You have to have an account with Mobicred before you may use this payment option. You can apply directly via the mobicred website.
You need to have a valid South African ID number, be at least 18 years of age, earn a minimum monthly salary of R5500, have an existing valid bank account, a valid email address and a RICA’d mobile number. You will need to submit 3 months most recent bank statements or payslips.
After selecting mobicred as a payment option on the FANPORT checkout page, the customer must
will be asked to enter a mobicred username (email format) and password.
When successful the funds will be allocated to FANPORT from Mobicred and it will reflect on your Mobicred account
Instant or automated EFT is a streamlined version of a traditional EFT. It makes payment of a bank transfer a lot faster and easier by eliminating certain steps such as reference number and amount entry. The payment method only requests from buyers, those values which are not known to them such as account number and one time pins.
How does Instant EFT work?
- Select i-Pay as your payment option during checkout
- Select your bank from the list presented
- Login to the i-Pay portal using your internet banking credentials
- Select an account to pay from (If you only have one account, it will be automatically selected for you and this step will be skipped)
- The automated process will navigate and populate the relevant fields on your behalf in the background
- Your bank will send you a form of payment authentication either by means of SMS, USSD Push message or In-App
- Once you have successfully authourised your payment, the transaction is marked as complete
- I-Pay sends notification to the seller on the outcome of the transaction and in turn, the seller will process your order immediately. There is no need to send through a proof of payment and no need to wait for the funds to reflect in the seller’s bank account.
What banks are supported?
Currently we can process Instant EFT when shoppers have accounts with South Africa’s six major banks in South Africa: ABSA, FNB, Nedbank, Standard Bank, Capitec and Investec.
Please visit http://instanteft.i-pay.co.za/faq